Issues with Ignition 83 K30...HELP?!

MetalStretcher

Jan 15, 2023
So awhile back I was driving and i didnt push the gas fast enough when I was coming off the clutch and the truck died. When I went to re start the truck I got nothing. Also I couldn't get the key to turn the ignition to the off position. Key comes out just fine.

I am in the process of installing a new ignition cylinder, but the new one is doing the same thing. I can get accessory, and fuel, but no start or lock.

I've pulled the column down and pulled the ignition switch out of the way and I see the rod with a hook that moves towards and away from the driver. When I push and pull on that its doing the same thing. Only getting two out of four positions....Any help?

I may be completely off track here, this truck is my first endeavor at doing all my own work. I've attached a picture of the situation I'm facing. My finger is behind the rod I am talking about. Could it be the ignition switch its self? I bought one, but im thinking thats not it because with the current one out of the way the rod still is not moving freely.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Ignition Rod.jpg
    Ignition Rod.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 17

Latest posts