Good Morning!

blk7gxn

May 8, 2019
Hello!...My name is William and just joined this AWESOME group!
I would like to start of by apologizing for not having any pictures of my truck to post up at the moment, but I will soon.

I know there are so SO many trucks out there today from the past, but the Square body Chevrolet and GMC's hold a special spot in my heart. As time passes each year, it seems you see less and less of them around, and if you do, they are TOTALLY wasted unfortunately from time and salt in the North eastern region of the country where I am :(

About 7 years ago I went on a quest to find my dream truck. I knew it would be nearly impossible since i tend to have high expectations lol. I wanted a square body, preferably late 80's 4 door dually with NO rust PERIOD! Long story short, I found my truck I purchased in NC, a 1989 Chevrolet 4 door dually "square body old style" FI 454, auto with factory tachometer, all power and only 89K and the best part, its black! Have all the original paperwork including the window sticker, bill of sale, even the canceled check the owner paid for the truck with, and all the repairs ever done.

Its been in storage ever since, unfortunately life tends to consume most of my spare time. I will get some pictures soon and post up here for sure!! I was always curious how many of these exact trucks were made for 1989, if anyone has the production information, I would be so grateful and most appreciative.

Have a great day and im excited to converse with some wonderful people and see their rides on here! PS found the only picture I have at my fingertips at the moment...MORE COMING!

Last edited:
Reactions: GP403 and Clutch

Clutch

Apr 15, 2019
Greetings from dirty Jersey I feel your pain on the northeast rot! I to wanted a crew cab dually 4X4 but didn't find what I was looking for so I'm building it. It's made it to daily driver status but I've got a long way to go before it's what I want. 15574442609972025351759.jpg15574443337511896162244.jpg1557444407242390787344.jpg
A good crew cab work truck that's 30+ years old is a hard thing to find

Reactions: blk7gxn

blk7gxn

May 8, 2019
Greetings from dirty Jersey I feel your pain on the northeast rot! I to wanted a crew cab dually 4X4 but didn't find what I was looking for so I'm building it. It's made it to daily driver status but I've got a long way to go before it's what I want. View attachment 40View attachment 41View attachment 42
Nice truck! And your so right, it gets harder and harder each year that passes...kinda makes you wish you could go back in time and grab a few up lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Clutch

blk7gxn

May 8, 2019
Greetings from dirty Jersey I feel your pain on the northeast rot! I to wanted a crew cab dually 4X4 but didn't find what I was looking for so I'm building it. It's made it to daily driver status but I've got a long way to go before it's what I want. View attachment 40View attachment 41View attachment 42
Thanks for the greetings Clutch!! Really appreciate the warm welcome!

Clutch

Apr 15, 2019
Thanks for the greetings Clutch!! Really appreciate the warm welcome!
Absolutely this is a brand new sight and it will be what we make it moste of us are here from the g-body forum witch is probably the best collective group on the net gp403 runs that one also so I'm shore this one will be good to. What part of the northeast are you in?

Reactions: blk7gxn

blk7gxn

May 8, 2019
Absolutely this is a brand new sight and it will be what we make it moste of us are here from the g-body forum witch is probably the best collective group on the net gp403 runs that one also so I'm shore this one will be good to. What part of the northeast are you in?
Agree 100% ! I'm a member over at the "G" body site too...LOVE that site, a bunch or really awesome people there too. Its a true privilege to be able to join both groups :)

Reactions: Clutch