ac electrical help

Maxximus

Apr 7, 2020
My question is from the evaporator switch we see a light green wire. That goes to the fast idle solenoid.

Is that the choke on my carburetor. If it is can I join that with a 12 v wire that i will be running from some where that comes on when the truck is on?

Also Those numbers, 59, 66, are those fuses or circuits to fuse numbers?
wiring diagram.png

thank you

Rebuildman

Jul 9, 2021
My question is from the evaporator switch we see a light green wire. That goes to the fast idle solenoid.

Is that the choke on my carburetor. If it is can I join that with a 12 v wire that i will be running from some where that comes on when the truck is on?

Also Those numbers, 59, 66, are those fuses or circuits to fuse numbers?View attachment 66

thank you
#'s are for the circuit, makes it easier to follow when they jump pages, and at the connectors. Wiring diagram says it best. No, not for the choke. Choke will have it own fuse.

Not_Sure

Jul 2, 2021

Also Those numbers, 59, 66, are those fuses or circuits to fuse numbers?View attachment 66

thank you
The fast idle solenoid increases the idle when you turn the AC switch on.

A factory electric choke uses 12Ga wire and a 20 amp fuse it had a oil pressure switch in series so it was not heating the choke element until the engine was actually running. Not just when the key was on.

You changing to an aftermarket carb? Was your original carb electric choke?

Latest posts